This Month We Celebrate
Provision of photography and videography services
Provision of photography and videography services
Project: Rwanda Hydroponic Project
Donor: MasterCard Foundation
Duration: 12 months
Youth Engagement in Agriculture Network (YEAN) was founded in 2014 by young professional farmers in Kigali, Rwanda. YEAN’s vision is to transform traditional subsistence agriculture into agribusiness through youth innovations as skilled and powerful weapons for leading change. YEAN provides extension and advisory services to individual farmers, farmers’ organizations and contracts to design and implement innovative youth led programs in extension and advisory sector. YEAN core business in the next 5 years (YEAN Vision 2025) is to continue as a private enterprise that capacitate producers to make informed decisions, adopt agricultural innovations which increase, diversify, specialize, and intensify agricultural production and market access. YEAN Vision 2025 is a five-year strategic plan that will enable 150,000 farmers to access private Extension and Advisory Service. YEAN also serves national and international partners with quality locally produced programming including hosting a network of farmers and conducting feasibility studies for investors in the agribusiness sector in Rwanda.
Youth Engagement in Agriculture Network (YEAN) is implementing a one-year project funded by the MasterCard Foundation. The project aims to pilot the use of hydroponics farming for transformative changes in the agriculture sector. As Rwanda’s agricultural sector is heavily climate-dependent, in conjunction with ongoing climate change, rapidly increasing population, and the impact of this global pandemic; there is an urgent need to promote the use of new technology in this sector to tackle those challenges but also attract young people who shy away this sector while ensuring food security.
This project will be implemented in Gasabo district, Kigali and Gicumbi district in the northern province, on the use of hydroponics for food and fodder production, respectively. Through this project, 50 young men and women will be equipped with skills and knowledge on the use of hydroponic where top performers will be provided with hydroponic kits to start and scale hydroponic farming businesses. The results of this project will significantly provide solutions on issues related to youth unemployment, current climate change impacts, issues imposed by COVID-19, and provide pertinent information on the use of hydroponic in Rwanda.
Youth Engagement in Agriculture Network (YEAN) seeks the services of a photographer to provide the services of photography and videography to document the Rwanda Hydroponic project
2. OVERVIEW OF THE ASSESSMENT
Youth Engagement in Agriculture Network (YEAN) seeks the services of a photographer to provide the services of photography and videography to document the Rwanda Hydroponic Project
Following are the specific objectives of the assignment:
- To take pictures of the Rwanda Hydroponic Project ensuring that all elements within each photo work together harmoniously to convey the right vision and message of the project,
- To edit and retouching the images to make them more appealing and arrange them in a suitable layout,
- To make and edit videos of the Rwanda Hydroponic Project for a creative, technical and documentary purpose
Overall responsibilities of the photographer include:
- Analyze and plan the composition of photographs and videos
- Use various photographic techniques and lighting equipment
- Capture subjects in professional-quality photographs
- Enhance the subject’s appearance with natural or artificial light
- Use photo-enhancing software
- Manage camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects
- Edit and assemble recorded raw material into suitable, finished products ready for broadcasting
- Build the capacity of YEAN’s digital extension team
- Archive and provide the capacity to manage imagery and videos
The maximum number of days allocated for the photography and videography services to document the Rwanda Hydroponic project is 30 days. The photographer is expected to provide a detailed time schedule of various activities to be undertaken during the assignment dispatched over the course of the project.
The photographer shall provide detailed estimates of the budget including daily rates or per diems, travel, technical meetings, learning tour items, and other related activities.
5. QUALIFICAITON AND REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for this position should fulfil the following qualifications and requirements
- Be a Rwandan
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development studies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Video and Photo production as a freelancer
- Be self-motivated,
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and works well with others;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, speak Kinyarwanda proficiently or with full fluency;
- Ability to work efficiently and promptly with team members and stakeholders
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of video and photography softwares
6. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested candidates should write a motivation letter addressed to the Executive Secretary of YEAN and send it on email together with a detailed CV at email@example.com Not later than March 8th, 2021 at 10:00 am.
Only Selected candidate will be notified via Email.
Done at Kigali on on March 1st , 2021